Community Clean Up Day
Saturday, April 17, 2021 (8:30 AM - 1:00 PM) (CDT)
Community Clean Up Day this year will be a bit different, but our parks still need cleaning! We are hopeful to have the usual celebration in 2022 where volunteers enjoy breakfast and lunch at McCormick Park!
This year, participants will register with the Park District to choose a park to clean:
- Garbage bags and gloves can be picked up at the Crystal Lake Park District Nature Center at 330 N. Main Street beginning April 1. The Nature Center is open Tuesday - Saturday from 10am - 4pm.
- Corporate Challenge: The business with the most participants will receive a prize!
Crystal Lake Chamber – McCormick Park – 427 W. Virginia Street
9:00am – 12:00pm
- Prescription Drug Take-Back
- Document Shredding (documents destroyed offsite – this is much safer!)
AMS Store & Shred will be onsite to collected documents for shredding. Shred your documents safely and securely with AMS!
Customers can bring up to 2 banker boxes of paper documents. Please remove all spiral bindings, metal strips, and large clips.
AMS Store and Shred specializes in providing customized document shredding services that allow businesses to comply with legislation and ensures that confidential business information is kept secure at all times. AMS Store and Shred adheres to strict rules and regulations to make sure that all information is kept confidential while in transportation from your facility to our shredding facility.
Our trained professionals will take your secured documents and place them 95-gallon locked totes or consoles. The locked totes/consoles are scanned for security and tracking purposes, the work order is signed by an authorized employee at your facility and you are provided a Certificate of Destruction. Documents are then transported in our GPS monitored trucks and brought to our highly secured facility to be destroyed within 24 to 72 hours unless otherwise specified.
Prior to drop off:
All labels displaying patients’ names, addresses, date of births, doctor info, must be completely removed or blacked out. Police will also accept medication in a zip lock bag.
Items that will not be accepted:
- No liquid medication
- No hydrogen peroxide
- No needles or any other sharp objects
- No cream or any medications with the viscosity of a cream (ointments, lotions)
- No thermometers
- No inhalers
This is a rain, snow, sleet or shine event!